What is ‘B’ BOLD(ER)?
The ‘B’ BOLD(ER) Internship Program is an expansion of Clearinghouse CDFI’s internship program offerings and inspired by our values as a Certified B Corporation. What is a B Corp? Simply stated, B Corps are companies that use business for good!
Clearinghouse CDFI, with the support and generosity of its community partners, offers this internship program to selected interns from limited-income households in select communities.
‘B’ BOLD(ER) Program Goal
Building bridges through outreach, leadership, development, engagement and recruitment – ‘B’ BOLD(ER) – is the mission of this program.
Investing in tomorrow’s leaders, ‘B’ BOLD(ER) focuses on emerging leaders and workforce development.
Clearinghouse CDFI will offer internship positions for college students from limited income households in selected communities to apply to this part-time, paid internship earning $15 per hour. Interns must meet program qualifications, submit a completed application, reference letter from college counselor or professor and short personal essay by the determined deadline. This is a 16-week hybrid program including in-person and on-camera remote sessions. Upon successful completion of the internship program and proof of current college enrollment, the intern will also receive a $2,500 scholarship.
- Must be registered in upcoming semester
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must meet limited income requirements
* Low-income status depends on the household size as determined by HUD. A student is considered to be from a low-income family if the student’s family annual income is at or lower than the stated levels.
* Applicant may also be considered as qualified if the majority of students at the applicant’s college institution receive a Federal Pell Grant. Documented proof is required.
Determine low-income status by following these instructions:
- Click this link: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html#2022
- Select the button “Click Here for FY 2022 IL Documentation”
- Select the state in which you live
- Select the county in which you live
- Select the button “View County Calculations”
- A low-income limit chart will populate. To read the chart, first determine how many persons in your family. This column will determine the income limit for your family size. Second, look at the row labeled “low (80%) income limit ($).” The intersection of that column and row will determine the maximum income your family can earn to be considered low-income status. If your family income is less than or equal to the low (80%) income limit in the chart for your family size, then you are considered low-income for the purposes of the ‘B’ BOLD(ER) program.
Application Deadline: December 16, 2022
The deadline to apply is December 16, 2022. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be required to meet the 2.5 GPA requirement and submit all application materials detailed below. Family income level will be verified. Selected interns must be able to legally work in the U.S.
To apply, please email the following to BBold@ccdfi.com:
- B’ BOLD & BOLD(ER) Employment Application
- Meet Low-Income Requirements outlined above or Federal Pell Grant Qualifications
- Submit a 1-2 page, typed personal essay on how your personal experience has shaped you into the person you are today and, as a result of your personal experience, would be a good candidate for the B BOLD(ER) Internship Award Program. Clearinghouse CDFI also recommends using the essay portion to explain a low GPA (if applicable).
- Reference Letter from College Counselor, Teacher or Professor
- Provide Proof of Current Enrollment in Qualified College
- Provide Transcript Showing Minimum 2.5 GPA
‘B’ BOLD & BOLD(ER) Program Dedication
Clearinghouse CDFI proudly dedicates the Allen Peters Baldwin ‘B’ BOLD and BOLD(ER) Internship Award Programs to namesake Allen Peters Baldwin for his relentless commitment to helping low-income families through Orange County Community Housing Corporation – SteppingUP. Mr. Baldwin embodies the spirit of the ‘B’ BOLD(ER) programs with his ongoing dedication to serving others.
It is with great honor and distinction that Clearinghouse CDFI names the Alan Orechwa ‘B’ BOLD(ER) Memorial Scholarship after Alan Orechwa, Clearinghouse CDFI’s former CFO, Chairman of the Board, and friend.
A HUGE thanks to Clearinghouse CDFI’s Founding Partners who help make the ‘B’ BOLD(ER) Internship Program possible:
Your commitment to youth development and to our communities is impactful and inspiring! Thank you!
Updates & Inquiries
Please email BBold@ccdfi.com with questions or comments.