Creating Stronger, Safer, and Better Communities for All
Now is a pivotal moment in our nation's history. Americans are standing together in critical mass against endemic racism, social and economic injustice, and demanding a more equitable future. Clearinghouse CDFI supports this movement to bring about a truly just society.
We believe that our actions, as demonstrated by our lending activity, speak louder than our words.
Clearinghouse CDFI is a Benefit “B” Corporation and was recently ranked 58th in the Real Leaders Global Impact Awards. Since 1996, we have funded $1.73 billion in loans for over 1,860 community projects. These loans have created over 3,000 student seats and 2,000 affordable housing units for the Black community and other communities of color.
Clearinghouse CDFI financed projects have created or retained more than 20,000 jobs and have benefited over 1.8 million individuals. This includes over 520 separate underserved communities in California alone. In 2019, Clearinghouse CDFI financed projects served 550,000 individuals from minority populations. Four in five individuals were from historically disenfranchised populations, and 65% of all loans were made to minority and women-owned organizations.
As partners, stakeholders, shareholders, and friends of Clearinghouse CDFI, you are essential in our efforts to help create stronger, safer, and better communities for all. I wanted to share a few examples of how your investment is helping underserved communities of color. We are proud to work with these organizations and you should be, too. This includes:
• Paul Quinn College – a historically black college/university located in Dallas, TX
• EKO Multi-Purpose Center – an alternative schooling program for children, serving Compton, CA
• Expertise Cosmetology Institute – the first African American owned and operated cosmetology school in Las Vegas, NV
• Native American Natural Foods – a Native American owned natural foods retail company located on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota
• St. Paul AME – a church with deep community ties and a global outreach, in San Bernardino, CA
Moving forward, we will continue our 24-year commitment to deploying capital into underserved communities. These challenging times give strength and energy to our shared mission. Our work would not be possible without your ongoing belief and support. We thank you for everything you have done to serve your communities.
Douglas J. Bystry, President/CEO - Clearinghouse CDFI
For Borrowers - Need a Loan?
Learn about our loan programs. Read about others like you who are driving positive change in their communities.