The Allen Peters Baldwin ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program is an initiative created by Clearinghouse CDFI and inspired by the values of the B Corp community to build bridges that empower and develop the next generation.
Clearinghouse CDFI, with the support and generosity of its community partners, offers this summer internship program for college-bound high school juniors and seniors from low-income families.
‘B’ BOLD Program Goal
The purpose of the program is to invest in tomorrow’s leaders. Interns will gain exposure to a professional setting, receive real life job skills, and access to positive role models. The Allen Peters Baldwin ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program will help empower youths from low-income areas that do not have access to the same resources and opportunities.
2017 Internship Details
Clearinghouse CDFI is offering two (2) part-time, paid summer internship positions (6-8 weeks long) to a high school junior or senior from a low-income family in Orange County. The internship will start mid-to-late June and the duration will depend on intern availability. Upon completion of the internship program and enrollment in a college, interns will receive a scholarship of $2,000 to pay for college expenses.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high school junior or senior interested in exploring a career within the community development industry. The interns will have the opportunity to be placed in different departments at Clearinghouse CDFI, depending on availability and interest, including business development, underwriting, finance, marketing, and impact. Interns will gain insight to Clearinghouse’s business practices, as well as its triple bottom line that serves people, profit, and the planet.
- Must be a junior or senior in high school by Fall 2017
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must be from a low-income family*
* Low-income status depends on the household size as determined by the table below. A student is considered to be from a low-income family if the student’s annual family income is at or lower than the levels below.
|Low-Income Table – Orange County, CA|
|# of Persons in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
The deadline to apply is May 12, 2017. Candidates who are selected for interviews will be required to submit a transcript to verify that he/she will be a junior or senior by Fall 2017 and meets the 3.0 GPA requirement. In addition, family income level will be verified. Interns must be able to provide a work permit.
To apply, please email the following to BBoldInternship@clearinghousecdfi.com:
- Submit resume, including name and contact information, past work experience, education, extracurricular activities, scholarships, awards, volunteer activities, etc.
- Submit a one page essay on how your personal experience has shaped you into the person you are today and, as a result of your personal experience, would be a good candidate for the ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program.
- Submit letter(s) of recommendation (maximum 2) from a teacher, counselor, previous employer, or other professional (recommended).
Clearinghouse CDFI is proud to dedicate the B BOLD Internship Award Program to Allen Peters Baldwin for his commitment to helping low-income families through Orange County Community Housing Corporation – SteppingUP. Mr. Baldwin embodies the spirit of the ‘B’ BOLD program with his ongoing dedication to serving others.
2016 ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program Recap
Read about Clearinghouse CDFI’s 2016 ‘B’ BOLD Interns here: https://www.clearinghousecdfi.com/b-bold-internship-program.