The Allen Peters Baldwin ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program is an initiative created by Clearinghouse CDFI and inspired by the values of the B Corp community to build bridges that empower and develop the next generation.
Clearinghouse CDFI, with the support and generosity of its community partners, offers this summer internship program for college-bound high school juniors and seniors from low-income families.
‘B’ BOLD Program Goal
The purpose of the program is to invest in tomorrow’s leaders. Interns will gain exposure to a professional setting, receive real life job skills, and access to positive role models. The Allen Peters Baldwin ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program will help empower youths from low-income areas that do not have access to the same resources and opportunities.
2016-2021 ‘B’ BOLD Internship Program Timeline
- 2021 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Intern, Emily
- 2021 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Intern, Rafael
- 2019 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Intern, Rose
- 2019 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Intern, Marvin
- 2018 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Interns, Erika & Aylinne
- 2018 – Goodbye & Good Luck – 2018 ‘B’ BOLD Interns Exit Interview
- 2017 – ‘B’ BOLD Intern Q&A, Victoria & Salvador
- 2017 – Good Luck, Not Goodbye – An Exit Interview
- 2016 – Meet ‘B’ BOLD Interns, Jesus & Alejandro
- 2016 – ‘B’ BOLD Intern Follow-Up: Jesus Medina, 1 Year Later
Clearinghouse CDFI offers two (2) part-time, paid, summer internship positions (6-8 weeks long) to high school juniors or seniors from low-income families in Orange County. The internship takes place during the summer, depending on intern availability. Upon completion of the internship program and enrollment in a college, interns will receive a scholarship of $2,500 to pay for college expenses.
This is an excellent opportunity for high school students interested in developing key job skills and exploring career paths in community development. The interns will have the opportunity to work with different departments at Clearinghouse CDFI, depending on availability and interest, including business development, underwriting, finance, marketing, and social impact. Interns will gain insight to Clearinghouse’s business practices, as well as its triple bottom line that serves people, profit, and the planet.
2021 internships are closed.
Next Round Opens in Fall 2021 for Summer 2022!
- Must be a junior or senior in high school by Fall 2022
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must be from a low-income family*
* Low-income status depends on the household size as determined by HUD. A student is considered to be from a low-income family if the student’s family annual income is at or lower than the stated levels.
Determine low-income status by following these instructions:
- Click this link: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html#2020_query)
- Select the button “Click Here for FY 2020 IL Documentation”
- Select the state in which you live
- Select the county in which you live
- Select the button “View County Calculations”
- A low-income limit chart will populate. To read the chart, first determine how many persons in your family. This column will determine the income limit for your family size. Second, look at the row labeled “low (80%) income limit ($).” The intersection of that column and row will determine the maximum income your family can earn to be considered low-income status. If your family income is less than or equal to the low (80%) income limit in the chart for your family size, then you are considered low-income for the purposes of the ‘B’ BOLD program.
Clearinghouse CDFI is proud to dedicate the ‘B’ BOLD Internship Award Program to Allen Peters Baldwin for his commitment to helping low-income families through Orange County Community Housing Corporation – SteppingUP. Mr. Baldwin embodies the spirit of the ‘B’ BOLD program with his ongoing dedication to serving others.
A HUGE thanks to Clearinghouse CDFI’s community partners who help make the ‘B’ BOLD Internship Program possible:
Your commitment to youth development and to our communities is impactful and inspiring! Thank you!
Updates & Inquiries
Please email BBold@ccdfi.com with questions or concerns.